Indesit WIL103 clothes smell dirty after washing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We have had this machine for 5 years but recently the washing comes out with dirty odors on. We have cleaned out the detergent draw and emptied out the filter at the bottom of the machine. Does any one have any ideas?
Many Thanks in advance

Rainy

Sponsored Links
This is caused by a bacterial build up within the drum by not doing enough boilwashes ive found that the liqiuds and gel type detergents seem to make this worse its also makes the door seal turn black with mildew which then gets on the clothes . The best way of getting rid of it is to buy some calgon tablets and place one in the drum on 90 degree boilwash you may have to repeat this a few times to dissolve the build up. If your door seal is black then it wont cure that you would have to replace the doorseal with a new one.

Thank you for the idea, we have had the problems before with the door seal and replaced it so will try the calgon you may be onto the right thing. If it does work it is a cheap solution so thanks in advance and fingers crossed :confused:

I'm not convinced though as it is not the smell of the machine, but the smells on the clothes not washing out. I will let you know if it works.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for your post,
We usually wash on 40 degrees for clothing on number 11. I have tried different washes but it makes no difference. If we wash the dogs bedding we do so on a boil wash this is about once every 2 weeks. Do you have any ideas? :confused:

For the machine to be at fault it can only be that its not heating so when you next do a boil wash check the door glass every 10 minutes to see if it feels warm if it does then the machine is not at fault as a smell is something that can only be introduced to the machine as the componants themselves have no real odour.

If the heater is faulty it will wash forever and never get to rinse and spin. Do a few boil washes with a pint of white vinegar each time.

Thanks guys checked the glass and it does get warm. Washed some clothes in a friends machine and they came out fine so defiantly not the clothes LOL. I have done the Calgon 4 times and Oust 2 times so will see tomorrow if that has fixed it. Fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back