INDICATOR has its own mind - Peugeot 206

PG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I suspect I'll have to get this checked out by a mechanic but thought I'd run it by you guys 1st.

Whilst driving along the right indicator on my Peugeot 206 goes on without the indicator stick being touched.

To cancel it I have to gently touch the stick or indicate left & cancel it. This doesn't always work 1st time & causes some serious confusion to other drivers. I'm worried that soon I'll be mistaken for a lady driver!

I think the indicator stick has become very sensitive & just putting slight upward pressure on it results in the indicator activating although the stick is still in a central position.

Is there anything I can check?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

PG

Sponsored Links
Common problem with the 206 (check out the 206 owners forum).

I (and many others) remove the indicator stalk assembly, spray inside with WD40, let the excess drain out, wipe dry, refit and you're sorted. It lasts about a year for me before I have to do it again (I only do 6k miles a year though).

Alternatively take it to a Pug dealers and let them charge you £100 to fit a new one :confused:

Or if the car is still under warrantee and its valid, go throw the keys at them and tell them to sort it out. :D

Thank you for your replies.
I tried the WD-40 approach & it worked - for a while.
When the problem recurred I had no choice but to get the part replaced.

I called a Peugeot garage & they quoted £150 for the indicator stalk/switch + £30 labour + VAT.
That's over £200 !! :evil:

I was ready to go ahead with it but thought I'd call an independent garage just in case it's cheaper.
I called Inde-Tech near my home. They replaced the part within minutes and only charged me £61 all in !! :D

That isn't even one third of the price a Peugeot garage would charge - shocking! :eek:

Sponsored Links
sorry for hijacking this thread, hope it's ok :)

Please see forum rule 20

Back