Induction Hob Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning to install an Induction Hob in the kitchen and wanted some advice.

1. Location - As per the first picture, this is the planned location of the install. Obviously a rock and a hard place with a fridge and a sink either side. I was think half way between both and cutting the side of the cabinet below to make clearance or would I be better going next to the sink? I am not sure there is a specific reg banning this.

PXL_20240109_190510521.jpg

2. Clearance - if there is a draw below is this allowed? There is lots of ventilation behind the cupboard but was wondering if the draw beneath is safe to have as a functioning draw.

3. Power Supply - Picture two shows an old electric power supply I have. As the shower is no longer in use, can this supply be repurposed for the hob? It is the breaker marked as shower at 32amps. I was thinking this cable could be cut, wago box and connectors with the 6mm cable brought into the kitchen with the necessary socket and switch added in the rear of the cupboard for it.

PXL_20240109_190633727.jpg

As always, trying to work out the best way to approach this and any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

George

Sponsored Links
1 - Centre of the available space.
2 - Most can have a drawer underneath. Check manufacturers instructions.
3 - That consumer unit is obsolete and has no RCDs. As pretty much every new or amended circuit will require RCD protection, extending or repurposing anything from that is not an option.
Adding another one just for the hob could be an option. However a new consumer unit would be more sensible, as it's already several decades overdue for replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back