Inexpensive radiator suppliers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to purchase a radiator from Screwfix. It’s a double panel (convector I think) with side and top grills. The radiator is going to be fitted in a conservatory with 15” dwarf walls so the actual rad size is 300mm * 1400mm with an output of about 4,700 btu’s and is priced at £69.

Question - is it possible to remove the grills from these radiators without causing damage? I’m fairly sure that we have a couple of Screwfix rads already fitted in the house and they don’t seem to convect very well. Seeing as this radiator is going to be fitted only 3” from a tiled floor, it’s already at a bit of a disadvantage. I also feel that the radiators with grills on the side and top are not as pleasing on the eye as say a myson or stelrad.

Alternatively, does anyone know another supplier of inexpensive radiators that would fit my wall? The wall size is 15” high with a useable gap of 1900mm (apologies for mixing imperial and metric).

Many thanks in advance

G

PS – I don’t have any trade accounts with any builders/plumbers merchants.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back