Infinite Prime maintenance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to get into my control panel to wire up a sensor and have a look at my SIM card (think it's been disabled through inactivity).

How do you disable the tamper function, or disable the internal and external sounder?

I just tried to get into the unit, thinking entering my code would shut it up, it didn't. After closing it back up and about 10 minutes pain of the siren going of in my face and going through every option in the menu I managed to turn it off (I can't remember how i did it....)

Is there an easy way to get in or am I going to have to put ear defenders on while having a look inside?

I've gone through the manuals and can't find anything.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I don't know the panel... but going into Engineers/programming Mode usually allows you to generate tampers. If you haven't got the Engineer's code, you could be stuck.

I've got the installers code (I installed it). It didn't stop the alarm once I'd set the tamper off. Are you saying that If I enter the installers code then open the box it might not deafen me?

I need a praying smilie!!!

Sponsored Links
Nope, it still went off! :cry:

Although I had ear plugs and ear defenders on this time.

There must be a way to get into this thing through the software. The only way i can think is delete the outdoor wireless sounder then physically disconnect the two internal sounders once the front panel is off. Which seem a lot of faffing for some thing that should be easy!

Cheers

If the external sounder is wireless then I think you can disable it through either the service or programming menus where you pick what type it is? (I am away from home so can't check on mine.)

For the internal sounder just unplug it quickly. I have mine disconnected and use the remote sounders EL used to sell but stopped about a year ago. If you can find one (or just hardwire a different sounder) then it is a good idea as it doesn't draw attention to the main panel when the alarm goes off.

Just a thought (I don't know if it is possible) but can you bypass the tamper switch before opening it via the bypass menu? Probably not, but it is worth a look.

Sorted!

Just spoke to Electronics Line. The way to do it is, open the front cover, set off the tamper alarm, then enter your master code WITHOUT pressing the 'tick' button first, as if you were disarming the alarm after entering the property.

Got a reply within 12 hours, which is pretty good CS.

Thanks for all your replies.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back