Info / Help required for multi fuel stove preparation??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I think I have made a boo-boo.... I am getting a multi fuel stove installed and in preparation for it, I took out some of the chimney breast to make a builders opening, however, I then lined it with Gyproc fireline board.

Reading some bits on this forum it appears that this is not suitable above 49 celcius - so I guess I have to do something different.

My question really is this, is it definitely not suitable? I have it on the insides of the chimney breast, and acting as the register plate? I also have it on the front sides facing into the living room.

If its not suitable, I have to put something in that it, is Supalux / Vermiculite board suitable ? This seems to be about £100 for a 1 board - is that about right?

Then my last question.... The fireliner that I have in is very secure. Fixed with sealant then secured by metal screw and plug. Is okay to secure the supalux / vermiculite board over that?

Thanks,

FP.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back