Info on a dedicated circuit for a welding machine required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think a switched fuse means?

it means something different from an isolator. Fuses can blow "by themselves" or get very hot during a prolonged over load. Isolators do nothing until someone goes to them and flicks them OFF

Sponsored Links
CCU, consumer control unit
Or ECU for electricity control unit.
Both still in BS7671 but probably shouldn't be.

Sponsored Links
CCU, consumer control unit
Or ECU for electricity control unit.
Both still in BS7671 but probably shouldn't be.
Exactly but surely this must be a wind up or the people replying to this thread with all the experience and knowledge need a reality check before they flame on.

it means something different from an isolator. Fuses can blow "by themselves" or get very hot during a prolonged over load. Isolators do nothing until someone goes to them and flicks them OFF
Does the switch isolate the supply, yes or no? No bullshit just yes or no.

Thanks! I haven't been following this thread properly, but I thought he was trying to connect a welder to a cooker connection unit.
Haha a cooker connection unit that has MCB's RCD's and RCBO's. Sarcasm really is the dumbest form of wit! Edit: A tad harsh maybe but if you read the thread all the way through......

I thought the OP's sparky had told him all the answers so why's he still here?

I thought the OP's sparky had told him all the answers so why's he still here?
Two sparkys and myself are amused by these replies, that's why.

***This thread is now locked as it is doing nothing apart from wasting everyone's time as the OP clearly knows it all. Mod 8***

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back