Ingenious plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Visited a school recently for a private function, and this made me smile...

58000_57941_34485_23950056_thumb.jpg

And the ladies wonder why we leave the seat up?

Sponsored Links
Common practice in the `70s. used to be like that @ E********e hospital when it was a flagship new development - Now it`s a **** hole slammed by government inspectors :rolleyes: . You won`t get me in any NHS place - Just bury me where I drop on the forest ;)

Sponsored Links
In the good old days this was the norm for school toilet blocks in the middle of the building - it was normal to remove the lid though!! :rolleyes:

Common practice in the `70s. used to be like that @ E********e hospital when it was a flagship new development - Now it`s a s**t hole slammed by government inspectors :rolleyes: . You won`t get me in any NHS place - Just bury me where I drop on the forest ;)

Hey Nige, are you still stalking the animals in the forest? The RSPCA have warned you enough times now..........leave them alone :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Andy

yup, they used to have those black toilet seats that werent a complete ring and no lid.

my primary school was just like that, even the same towel dispenser :)

It makes sure something is done if it overflows,Did my apprenticeship with Dept Of The Environment,most were like this.

Probably done to stop kids like me shoving thrupenny bangers and mud up the external pipe and blowing the lid off the cistern.

I guess if there is no lid to the seat it makes a bit more sense! Still would have thought they would have changed it by now...

my primary school was just like that, even the same towel dispenser :)

Yes, but our dispensers contained Izal toilet paper. Said on the packet that it was medicated. The stuff needed to be, to treat all the cuts it gave you. Jeez. Know what Johnny Cash was on about with his Ring Of Fire song. :cry:

Kids these days got it easy! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back