Inherent fault with combi boilers?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Meet you in court sir

I have a solicitor in the family I suggest you find your own legal team or pehaps pistols at dawn :LOL: :LOL:

Me too sir. A well paid one that share a parent with me :p

Wouldn't be the first time a court order arrived on my door for a posting ;).

:LOL: :LOL:

How about a soldering duel?

18" of unleaded solder and an assortment of 22mm fittings. Most fittings the quickest wins 200 rolls of PTFE and free subscription to a youtube vid on how to plumb a ball-a-fix valve ;).

Sir I can solder quicker and neater then you with one eye closed and standing on one foot

All fitting to be Enfeed and bring your own Flux

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I seem to remember baxi featured as a which best buy not to long ago, it must be biased! Im with dan and pablo on this which is not playing the game fair, there data capture methods are flawed.

Flux!

PAH! I sneeze a royal afterbirth at your flux.

I will suffice, sir, on the heavenly blessings of the good Lord John and his infinite wisdom on all things heating related.

Fore sooth thou knowest not your trade and station.

Go forth and multiply with thou mater.

:LOL:

No sir. Google, The Readers Digest will be more than suffice.

God dammit will the BBC stop dragging annoying yanks onto the news!!! I liked children until I heard those BLo0dy interviews.

After spending a lot of time researching boilers I came down to a final choice between either the Worcester Bosch 38CDI Greenstar Classic, or the Vaillant ecoTec plus combi 837 for my mother’s 1-bathroom, 3-bedroom house with a shower and no bath, and just herself as the occupant.

But I was dismayed to be told by WB technical dept that the minimum flow rate through the boiler needs to be 3.5 – 4 lit/min before the boiler fires to warm the DHW. That’s a huge flow rate, relatively, isn’t it? Less than that and the water in the taps and shower come out cold.

The full flow rate for the DHW with these boilers is around 16 lit/min, so this means that the flow has to be at least a quarter of this rate just for the boiler to fire!

Does anyone know whether this is typical of combi boilers? I have just emailed Vaillant to ask what their equivalent min flow rate needs to be for the ecoTec plus 837, but I fear their answer is going to be similar to WB's.
I had thought a combi would be the ideal choice for the circumstances, but am reconsidering now if it means every time she wants hot water she must run the taps fast. Could this be a problem in practice, or am I worrying unnecessarily?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you have already made up your mind, judging by the title....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back