Inheritance tax ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
I never put anyone on ignore. But you seem obsessed recently with finding ways to attack people on benefits.

Sponsored Links
I never put anyone on ignore. But you seem obsessed recently with finding ways to attack people on benefits.
My salient point is related to the tax. Where did I mention people on benefits?

towards folk that do little/nothing to earn for themselves.

You obviously mean people on benefits!

How else would people who you believe do "nothing to earn for themselves" manage to survive?
Maybe they're not on benefits? How would I know. Give me a few mins, I'll pop out, knock on every door in the country and ask 'is anyone living here not doing much to earn a living and if yes, are they on benefits?'

I should have the spreadsheet knocked up by early evening ... right, must dash, where's my clipboard ...

Too many taxes for the sake of taxing people if you ask me. That's fine but lets have a watchdog body reviewing and lowering or removing the taxes need to be.
For example why should anyone pay over 50% tax. The clue is in the percentage. The more you earn the more you pay anyway. Lets have a flate rate why should anyone be taxed more?

towards folk that do little/nothing to earn for themselves.

Suppose this could refer to politicians. All they do is manage the decline of the country, lie and don't give us the results they promised when they were begging for our votes. They get paid well, plus expenses and they're getting a nice rise this year - voted for by themselves. Useless bunch of traitors, many probably unemployable in the private sector.

Only about 4% of estates pay inheritance tax. It's the perfect tax, it only gets taken when rich people can't use it anymore.

What an odious tax this is. I wonder how much of it goes towards folk that do little/nothing to earn for themselves.

You could argue that works both ways, that the people who inherit have done little to work for it! That said people who work hard, pay taxes and are lucky enough to live in a part of the country where property prices have shot up are getting hammered twice

Sponsored Links
Back