Inheritance tax ...

So what. Jealous?
You mean envious, not jealous...

There are, I believe, a growing number of very rich people starting to voice their concerns about the need to tax the wealthy more...

...which makes it clear that it is possible to seek more equitable taxes without being motivated by envy ...

Sponsored Links
The IHT tax take is broadly the same as EVERYBODY paying 1% more income tax.

So would you do away with IHT and let the richer in society off the tax AND all of us cover the bill instead?

The IHT tax take is broadly the same as EVERYBODY paying 1% more income tax.

So would you do away with IHT and let the richer in society off the tax AND all of us cover the bill instead?
Because people have already paid tax on what they own, sometimes several times over.

Sponsored Links
Because people have already paid tax on what they own, sometimes several times over.
If you inherit a million pounds, how much tax have you already paid on ìt?

You mean envious, not jealous...

There are, I believe, a growing number of very rich people starting to voice their concerns about the need to tax the wealthy more...

...which makes it clear that it is possible to seek more equitable taxes without being motivated by envy ...
No, thanks for the English lesson however I mean jealous ;)

feeling or showing an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages.

Have you though ?
Council tax, income tax on mortgage payments, stamp duty to acquire it, cgt (well most people). My point is £325k is a low threshold at which to start paying inheritance tax when it could help the next generation get on the housing ladder.

Sponsored Links
Back