Inhibitors, combiball or powerflush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK - Volkera + combi boiler only four years old. It's been cutting out with the heating on and is now cutting out in the middle of the shower - mine usually. Needs attention before we need the heating again. The insurance company has sent people out who have had new parts in but the intermittent cuts out continue. Some say a power flush is needed because it may be kettling. Others say 'oh no don't do that put an inhibitor in.' And today, it's been suggested I get a combimate installed which will clear out the rubbish already in the system and get rid of the need for a powerflush. For the record I live in a hard water area.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If its cutting out due to overheating in both central heating and hot water modes then it is likely that your primary heat exchange is partially blocked. This is almost always caused by the system not being flushed prior to installation or not being protected afterwards.

A powerflush or any sort of chemical flush should sort it out but it must have an inhibitor put in afterwards.

A combimate protects the secondary heat exchanger which provides your hot water. It is always a good idea to have a device like this in a hard water area but adding one will have no effect on existing contamination within either this HE or the main HE.

Thanks, that's very helpul indeed Mr Bodger. What's theplumbing like in Burkina Faso?

Sponsored Links
Not as cold as here in The Russian federation - and less organised crime I bet!

Chilly here too - the gas comes out in lumps....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back