Injecting a DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will soon be injecting a DPC in my house, brick rendered, double skinned walls. can anyone give any advice on the actual job and could i have some recommendations for which product i should use for the DPC?

many thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
are you using a spirit based or water based fluid?
this depends on wether you inject brick or mortar.
if injecting brickwork then its 1 hole in the header and 2 in the stretcher you drill approx 3"into the brick.

if its a solid wall then you need to expose the brickwork outside,cut a line at the correct level inject then install a bell bead then rerender but do not cover the dpc line.

if its cavity then you only need to inject the inside skin,but you must make sure the cavities are clear of any crud/silt.again plaster needs to be removed minimum of 1m high internally.

but i do belive these new dpc creams are all the rege now.
but i know nothing about them at all.

I was thinking of using a cream, does anyone have any experience of such a "goo"

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yea..........i have used the creams a couple of times. It really is a simple process and given the testing that they have undergone I have to presume they work.......I say presume because you really cannot tell for many years if the damp brickwork has dried out.
Dryzone is the market leader wich is reflected in the price........after talking to the guy at Platinum Chemicals ( see Ebay) I went with their product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back