Injector tee in wrong place?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the pump kicks in on our woodburner/back boiler heating system, water is drawn backwards through the cylinder, therefore cooling the water going to the rads. The chap who fitted it can't work out why. I've asked where the injector tee is, and he has fitted it to where the return from the dump rad meets the return from the cylinder. Every plumbing diagram I have seen has the injector tee on the return from the rads. Who is right?

Sponsored Links
Thats wrong.
It should be plumbed as per your stoves MI's.

Many thanks. Is it possible that the wrongly placed injector tee could cause the backwards flow through the cylinder?

Sponsored Links
When the pump kicks in on our woodburner/back boiler heating system, water is drawn backwards through the cylinder, therefore cooling the water going to the rads. ?
That`s not correct - water is drawn through the coil inside the cylinder - and with a cold radiator circuit , the cylinder will cool :idea: Then it , and the rad circuit will recover as the s/f appliance heats the water

Thanks. The dump rad is also worrying me. It is at the same height as the burner, but the pipes run up over a door and then down to it. Both flow and return are connected at the bottom of the rad. The flow pipe gets warmish, but the rad itself has never got hot, even when the cylinder (upstairs, works like a dream) is mega hot. The pump wasn't working for a bit, so the cylinder was very hot, and he dump rad still didn't warm up. What can I do to get the dump rad working?

If the dump rad has half inch tappings - it won`t work :mad: . Last year I took out one from a rayburn setup - replaced it with a wall mounted ( cast iron ) one with 3/4 inch tappings - works a treat now , that was /bottom in/out. : . Do both the flow and return go up and over the door and then down to the rad :confused: the flow could go over the door but the return should be lower - across the floor @ the door threshold then back up to the boiler - making a loop . Can you post a diagram , or pictures of what you`ve got ;)

Apologies have been away for a while. Our plumber is coming back in, but he's now talking about fixing up a dump rad in the garage, which is easy to plumb, but the garage is not insulated. To me this seems like a massive waste of energy. His argument is that many homes have heat dumps in the loft. Is this true?

Oh and to confirm- I've looked at lots of diagrams- please confirm that the injector tee should be where the return from the pumped rad system meets the return from the the cylinder (the thermosyphoning system)
Thanks

Could anyone suggest a telephone number of someone who understands wet systems? Do hetas have a helpline?!
Thanks

Get yourself a time served plumber or a renewables installer.

The guy you have had has clearly made a bodge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back