inline extractor fan how 2 wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any body help ? i was wondering wether u can wire a in line bathroom extractor fan with a flex and plug and not use a fuse connector ? :!:

Sponsored Links
If its not going in a bathroom, I don't see why you can't put it on a plug top, is this right guys? Just make sure you PAT test it. ;)

Sponsored Links
And one post at a time on a subject is polite.

You don't get faster help if there's no instant response to a post.

But hey, here's your cable & fuse elementary lesson number 1.

The fuse is there to protect the cable.
So you need to read the maker's instructions on the fan.
If it says that the fan should have a 3 amp fuse then you need to select a cable that wont melt if you put 3 amps down it.

So 0.75mm² or larger would be adequate.

What do the instructions for the fan say?

sorry first time on here. electrics not my strong point :) 3amp double pole fused spur ? that any good pal :?:

that's better.. see no "u" instead of "you" or missing g's off the end of words ending in "ing"...

what he means is that the fan needs a 3A fuse ( the red one ).. this can be fitted in the plug if you prefer it to be portable, or into a FCU if it's fixed in position..

I'm thinking green.. it takes more electricity to type a capital than a lower case.. so I only use them for names.. I don't bother at the start of a sentence..

thanks for that pal, so wot type of flex wuld b suitable then :?: when the diagram for wireing says, blue-neutral,yellow-switched live,brown-permanent live?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back