Inquest not shown "non-existent" film

Sponsored Links
never mind the compensation the family deserves, as long as Bush is not embarrassed by the cock up

tim west said:
...as long as Bush is not embarrassed by the cock up
Hm. Which way did you intend that to be read?

Sponsored Links
"US 'can release cockpit footage' "
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6334769.stm

"The coroner's clerk told the BBC he had been informed that the Americans would allow it to be shown on condition it was seen only by the coroner and the Hull family under supervision by a Ministry of Defence (MoD) official, and that the press were not present."

I can understand they'd be ashamed and not want it getting out to the public. But I expect it will soon be on the web.

"The Pentagon said no disciplinary action had been taken towards the two American pilots involved in the incident and that there would not be any immediate action to re-evaluate the situation. "

My contacts tell me that during the first Gulf War more UK troops were killed by Americans than by Iraqis :(

There is a certain amount of ill-feeling about this.

The BBC screened the footage tonight, complete with subtitles, as part of the six o'clock news.

ive only seen the transcript and heard it. it made the hairs on my neck stand up. trouble is they were told initially that the area was clear of friendlies. Should have erred on the side of caution.

im glad its been released, and im sure theres been some behind the scene wrangling to get it out into the public the way it has been.

Sponsored Links
Back