Insert small piece of music in thread?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible for me to insert a little piece of music which I think is relevant into a thread, in the form of a wave file? similar to how we insert an image?

Sponsored Links
Of course we can insert a youtube link, I'm not sure that's what he meant though, maybe the OP could clarify .....

Okay, I wanted to know how, if it can be done, a small piece of music could be placed into a thread, to emphasize a point, not nasty, not a full tune.

Sponsored Links
What that you click on to play? Or it just plays when you open the thread?

You'd have to click on to open it, otherwise it would just play each time when the topic is opened, I think.

With a picture one "stores" it on e.g. photobucket, a video on "youtube", then each generates a link, to then embed it, but I cannot find how to deal with this musical item which would be a wav. file.

Planenut, please do not try to do this here.

If we wanted music when we rad threads we can turn on our radio or listen to the TV. Embedded MP3's was a way to introduce viruses and unwelcome.

mattylad";p="3256001 said:
Planenut, please do not try to do this here.

If we wanted music when we rad threads we can turn on our radio or listen to the TV. /quote]

I appreciate that comment, I think now the time has passed when it would have been "funny". One of those things that when you see a post, a piece of music comes to mind. I have separated the section on my computer, but the comments have been valuable for future use.

Certainly wouldn't be putting anything on that is annoying (the constant use), and would not contain any bugs.

Thank you all for the comments.

Some people still think it's a good idea, even in 2014 --> turn up speakers, click here, and be horrified <-- :eek:
I did click there.

There appears to be something I can play if I want to:

screenshot_263.jpg

But I hovered over the control, and saw this:

screenshot_264.jpg

so I decided I didn't want to.

Oh - BTW:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/harry-potter-lawyer-alan-blacker-7762660

Are you using Chrome, b-a-s? It autoplays in my browser.

And, yes, I am a big fan of Sir Dr Alan Blacker, Phd, Mil, MIA, VC, OBE, Obe-wan-kenobi, the 113th Early of Dublin and the Lord Harley.

Well, when I say I'm a fan, I really mean of the train-wreck that has been following him since that article appeared :mrgreen:

Alrighty. Auto-plays in chrome.

Are you a fan of Sir Dr Saint Al Blacker, then? :mrgreen:

No - it was only because I scrolled down that I saw his photo, and remembered it from a recent newspaper report.

I think now the time has passed when it would have been "funny".

It certainly has passed, as has the time when posting music within a forum post, if you want people to like your forum post then just do not autoinsert any sort of music that autoplays (not that I think it can be done as HTML is usually disabled).

It's not funny, its not nice, its naff. :0

It certainly has passed, as has the time when posting music within a forum post, if you want people to like your forum post then just do not autoinsert any sort of music that autoplays

As I posted already, I would not put it on autoplay, I hate those, especially those your cursor passes over and off they go into a long diatribe about hair lacquer or whatever.

Sponsored Links
Back