Inserting LED light unit into ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am attempting to install LED down lighters.

Everything is wired up and tested and I am now trying to insert them into the ceiling. They are held in place by a pair of butterfly spring clips. The longer legs of the butterfly clips I hold against the body of the down lighter and insert into the ceiling. I assumed that is what you also do with the shorter legs but if I do that the down lighter is loose and hangs proud of the ceiling. What do I do with the shorter legs? The only other option I see is to press these shorter legs in the opposite direction, i.e. in the direction of the floor, but that seems to be a lot of resistance and I am concerned it might damage the plasterboard. If I am correct in this are there any tips on how to install without risk of damaging the plasterboard.

Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
The shorter legs force down the longer ones when you push the lights into the correct sized holes.

They do indeed damage the plaster board but not as much as when you want to remove them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back