Insinkerator 3n1 tap leaking can it be repaired

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
As title, Insinkerator 3n1 tap is leaking where the cylinder of the tap goes into the main tap see photo , question is can it be repaired if not do I have to use a Insinkerator tap can I buy another hot water tap

Thanks

IMG_5394.jpg

Sponsored Links
I cannot see how to remove the spout , the base looks solid

Sponsored Links
Checked and no hole for any Allen key , do you have to take the hot and cold handles off ?

I’m also interested in this as my tap has same problem, got the aerator off but no further, water comes over the o ring but can’t get the spout off to get to it.

I spoke to Insinkerator support who said it's an internal failing and cannot be repaired , needs replacing. They did send a 20% off promo code to help.

Ah shoot! Was really hoping it was something simple

Remove the sprout & there will probably be an O ring on it.
Hi, have you had experience with this? Keen to know if this could be an option as would really rather not replace the tap

Our swivel sink tap, though not the same as yours, has leaked from the base of the spout like yours & it was a broken seal at the bottom of the spout. You also need to check the aerator is not blocked & restricting the output of the spout & causing back pressure.
As herts p & d says there must be a screw of some description at the rear of the tap body just below the base of the spout that secures it in place.

Thank you, the aerator is clear as we’ve checked that, i might have to get an engineer out to look at to be safe, don’t really trust us! Fingers crossed it can be fixed.

Mine was 8 years old , how old is yours , I saved £100 by using the promo code

Ok so I have replaced my tap with a new one from Insinkerator , there isn't any screw holes so you can't get into the tap to dismantle it , I took the tap handles off but you need a special tool to get the cartridge out. So it looks like the new tap was required and could net be repaired. Took me 45mins to replace , pretty straightforward and im only a basic DIYer

Attachments

• IMG_5404.jpg
    IMG_5404.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5405.jpg
    IMG_5405.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 94

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back