Inspection hole covers..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I moved into a flat where there are pipe inspection holes along the hall way going to the boiler. Some of the covers that have been put over the holes are damaged, (a perfect one is in the pic) I was wondering A) if there are any better covers/grills to put over these and where could I pick them up from... or B) where I could pick up some more like this so they match up? Tried looking around online but not found anything like these.

Thanks

IMG_2348.JPG

Sponsored Links
Curious....have you any idea why they are there?
Personally I think I'd blank them off with a length of skirting - made removable if that's deemed necessary.
John :)

Dont ever remove or blank off a vent without knowing why it was installed in the first place - & what the consequencies will be , if any, for removing it.

Your vent - its a fixed vent not an observation cover, altho it might have been used for viewing the pipework.

As a vent it might be, or have been, supplying make up air of some kind for some purpose.

The two knobs will probably thread off two threaded studs and the plate could be removed.

I'd guess that they are there so that in the event of a gas leak, gas is evident rather than building up to explosive levels.

Vents are required on ducts under Gas Regs

Sponsored Links
This will be a duct that is large enough to require ventilation, under the gas regs. The idea is that not enough volume of gas could leak into the enclosed space undetected to cause a surprise major explosion.

It's all in the gas manuals for domestic installers, sizes of ducts and vents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back