Install Duel Fuel Freestanding Oven + add gas conn for oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved into a new house, I want to take out the old electric oven they have in place and have a Duel Fuel (electric oven/Gas hob) freestanding range cooker.

There is no gas connection at present for the cooker but there is gas supplied to the house for our central heating.

Is this a fairly easy job (for a pro) to add a gas connection for the cooker and are we talking loads of money to do this?

Also the electric oven in place at the moment is a fairly weedy thing, I do know that it is currently on its own circuit but will the fact I intend to get a much more powerful oven mean I have to have the electrics checked to accommodate the new oven?

Thanks for looking in!

Sponsored Links
It will depend on the accessibilty of the gas pipe that is already there, length of pipe run and if anything is in the way etc. Could be anything from £100 upwards without seeing the job ;)

Thanks, the gas pipe feeds into the boiler about 2 feet from where the cooker will be going, am I right in assuming they can come in on the same pipe and just have a 2 way connector on the one pipe, one feeding the boiler and one feeding the cooker?

Nothing except a worktop in the way. Hopefully won't cost a lot then?

Have a friend who is a kitchen fitter, he is referring me to his mate who fits all his gas appliances on the kitchens he does, hopefully he will do me a nice deal! (He is corgi registered of course!)

Sponsored Links
Yes basically that is correct, but your corgi fitter should calculate the volume of gas the boiler and range hob can use together both on maximum to check whether the original gas supply pipe can cope with the extra demand. It probably will be ok but best to be sure ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back