installation help please (Combi-system)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im looking to install a combi system.

For the radiators I was going to run a 22mm pvc through the house, 'T'ing off for each radiators in 15mm.

I was going to do this twice, one for the flow and one for the return.

I was going to run a cold water feed from my incomer, to the boiler.

I was going to let a plumber fit the gas mains from the meter to boiler, in Cu 22mm.

Does this sound right?

For my bathroom suite, and my Kitchen sink, would I run the cold water from the boiler, or would I 'T' off before the boiler from my incomer? And just send the hot water to the taps from the boiler?

Would appreciate any help.
Jamie.

Sponsored Links
Hi, im looking to install a combi system.

For the radiators I was going to run a 22mm pvc through the house, 'T'ing off for each radiators in 15mm.

make sure you give pipe some give or they blow the fitting due to linear expansion

I was going to do this twice, one for the flow and one for the return.

yep

I was going to run a cold water feed from my incomer, to the boiler.

yep that right

I was going to let a plumber fit the gas mains from the meter to boiler, in Cu 22mm.

and get him to do flue as well and check gsr number

Does this sound right?

For my bathroom suite, and my Kitchen sink, would I run the cold water from the boiler, or would I 'T' off before the boiler from my incomer? And just send the hot water to the taps from the boiler?

T off to boiler then tee boiler into hot water

Would appreciate any help.
Jamie.

Check with your gasfitter that he will be happy to let you hang the boiler at all - some prefer to be sticklers about what is acceptable pre-labour or not, which is fair enough as it's their name that goes on the ticket as it were.

It may be worthwhile leaving the pipe tails nearby for him to connect onto - this is especially true since plastic pipes cannot connect directly to the boiler (there has to be a minimum length of copper between the boier and the plastic - he will advise accordingly, but I think it's about1 metre minimum)

From your signing name, I assume you're an electrician, so you'll know what to do about the electrickery side of things.

Finally, if you're in manchester, I know a gassafe fitter who did my boiler (like you I did the wet work) for a reasonable price. PM me if you want details.

Thanks for your reply.

I will leave the pipes ready for him to fit the boiler, and install a stab of copper to the boiler.

Could you help me in terms of the cold water ?

Sponsored Links
howay its not often i get let loose :LOL:

tee off before the boiler or after
6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other as long as its cold water ;)

For niceness it's good to use copper stabs down from the radiator to underfloor and join to plastic with an elbow under floor. The pipes going up to boiler want to be in copper too for looks and because manufacturers like a certain amount of copper close to boiler. I don't know amount as I always leave copper visible and hide plastic, if I use it.

If there is a restricted supply of cold mains best to give boiler first bight of the cherry. If there is no issue then doesn't matter.

If using copper with pushfit fittings don't buy cheap ones. I use techtight where the copper joins the plastic as it grips the copper better than plastic fittings. Techtight fittings are the MK of the water world, except sprint they are to be avoided by amateurs as you can very easily dislodge the o ring pushing the pipes into them..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back