installation of new cooker

Sponsored Links
So, we are assuming that there is a spare 45A cpd in the board but that there is no cable connected at present.?? That certainly has not been confirmed by the OP.

If a new cable is required then 10mm would be required as 6mm isn't up to 45A except in completely ideal conditions (ref method C).

If 45A is OK will depend on the makers instructions for the appliance, of course.

Sponsored Links
So, we are assuming that there is a spare 45A cpd in the board

No, only you are doing the assuming, the op said there was a spare 45a fuse.

I am trying to get some more information from the OP.
By saying that I am hoping he might says something like
"oh no, there is a 45A fuse laying around in the cupboard but there is no extra space for it in the board"

By the way, CPD is an abbreviation for circuit protective device. A fuse is one type of CPD. I am surprised that you don't know that.

but that there is no cable connected at present.??

How do you know that?

You have been in the jungle too long. Do you see those two squiggly things after the word present?. Those are question marks. I am querying if there is a cable already connected. Otherwise I would have made it a statement and there would not have been any squigglys at the end of the sentence.

Go play with your monkey - you are not adding any value.

Has the Wylex board got a 100A main switch?

Is the green fuse shield for the 45A fuse seated in the board at a funny angle?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back