Installation Problem - Yale Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone can help please i just installed my yale 6400 alarm but everytime put the alarm on and soon go in it trigger right away it dont give a entry delay can you help me guys thanks

Sponsored Links
1) take the siren off the wall and wrap it in pillows while you tinker

2) you have probably forgotten to set the Door Sensor as entry. When the Entry sensor is triggered, e.g. when you come home and unlock your front door, it will start the countdown and your panel will bleep for the period you selected, e.g. 30 seconds.

If somebody triggers any sensor which is not an entry sensor (e.g. they climb in through a window, or force the back door) the alarm sounds immediately.

So what you are describing fits entry through a sensor that has not been defined as an entry sensor.

This is one of the two reasons why a PIR should not be aimed at your entry door.

thanks for but how can set my door sensor to entry delay

You need to set a device as an entry device. If its going to be door contact then you have to change its settings..

Go to the menu via . . . PR . . .code . . ..tick

Then choose the 'device' menu underneath walk test.

scroll down to 'edit device' and press tick.

You will now see a list of your enrolled devices.

put the cursor next to the one which is going to be your entry sensor

Now press tick and change the first attribute to 'Entry' (It will currently be set to 'burglar') press tick again and again and again until you see the list of devices again. (You will be asked questions during this stage but just pressing tick will take you through leaving everything other than its entry device status as default , no need for naming sensors

Now backspace out of the menu till it says Alarm Off.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/alarms...delay-set-in-entry-time.366060/#ixzz2UEWY8QUV

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back