United Kingdom
Yale 6400 outdoor siren goes off when not armed can anyone please help

have had the alarm over 2 year now
when it triggers there is no reading on C P U

Sponsored Links
Yale 6400 outdoor siren goes off when not armed can anyone please help

It will be a tamper from your siren most likely.
Check that all the original mountings are still secure.
If the backplate moves then the rear tamper microswitch can activate.

[Yale 6400 outdoor siren goes off when not armed can anyone please help[/b]

Thanks will try

A warning of some sort that does not indicate at the control panel?

Oh boy, you need a decent system

I wonder if the (help?) is in the manual?

Sponsored Links
A warning of some sort that does not indicate at the control panel?

Oh boy, you need a decent system

I wonder if the (help?) is in the manual?

Well just consider this - when you fit the alarm you know there is a spring at the back of the backplate because you can see it and you can hear it because as you screw the screws into the wall you can hear the microswitch click. You will also have seen reference to it in the manual.
It would not be unusual to forget this two years later if you had only fitted one system.

However as you say your professional systems alert you to everything in the panel to save you using your noggins and common sense.

Five things are capable of setting off the siren.

1. An activation signal from the panel

2. A signal from a sensor if the siren is in master mode and the system armed or a panic signal

3. A signal from an activated linked smoke detector

4. Movement of the siren lid or base allowing a tamper fault

5. A local RF blocking.

So using the simple process of elimination we can see that according to the OP it won't be 1 , 2 or 3 so we look at 4 next.. :)

simples and you don't need a panel reminder to work through that simple list.

Even simpler, a real system will
JUST TELL YOU THE ISSUE.

Not have you guessing.
Why do you continue to defend a item that cannot self diagnose?

So you need ladders to see if IT MIGHT BE THE ISSUE.
How quaint.

But to readdress, we can now "think" a lid or tamper screw has rotted/malfunctioned. With the need of ladders.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze a real system would report the fault not need someone to borrow ladders.

When are you lot going to stop defending something that cannot even report its problems...................its non communication with its detection devices.

Sorry for the late replies, fitting covert cameras means you work when the shops are shut.

I assist all, even learnt all about the items spoken about, something you and your mate have not done about other systems that work.
You defend something that has inherent problems. Cannot even tell the end user what the problem is, without looking at screws and lids on ladders.

A real system would pinpoint the issue with a easily read screen or a led sequence.

See the difference?

You won`t, as your blinkered. Shame your not experienced or good enough to help others, seen one correct answer you gave on the electricals. Then you needed a photo, we had worked it out from the description.
What are you doing advising on something others have done for a living for over 30 years and making out your an expert?

You're making things up again. You keep doing that. When you make allegations that you know are untrue, you are lieing. Have you no respect for truth? Are you not ashamed of being dishonest?

I can see you like insulting people and making up untrue stories about them. Does it make you feel big and powerful? Were you bullied at school? Did you suffer lack of attention from your parents?

~Again childish retorts.

I`ll reply here about how a "yale" does not work if the front door is entered without a code;

skyboy

from United Kingdom

Ah I think I might have sussed what has happened here...

I think you have been fooled by the following:-

If you come into the home via your front door or whichever is your entry door it will start the panel countdown.
I am assuming now that what you have done then is to rush upstairs to see if the device on the landing will activate the alarm.
It won't not if the panel is counting down.

So it is worth nothing as an alarm system.
End of.

As for parents, mine were great. I am too big and always was to be bullied.
I do however tell the truth, Yaleguy1/2/3/ had been banned or had to cancel the accounts. Along with his others. So it is now Skyboy, one who admitted he had issued with the Police and Trading Standards. Admitted by himself.

You have never given ( Noy skyyalewotever) any qualification for your words. Never given any decent advice on home/office/industrial security/intruder/CCTV nor fire protection.

Enough said.

I assist all, even learnt all about the items spoken about, something you and your mate have not done about other systems that work.
You defend something that has inherent problems. Cannot even tell the end user what the problem is, without looking at screws and lids on ladders.

A real system would pinpoint the issue with a easily read screen or a led sequence.

See the difference?

You won`t, as your blinkered. Shame your not experienced or good enough to help others, seen one correct answer you gave on the electricals. Then you needed a photo, we had worked it out from the description.
What are you doing advising on something others have done for a living for over 30 years and making out your an expert?

I am an expert in YALE alarms that's why I give advice which YOU can't because YOU are not an expert in YALE alarms... simples.

YOU are an expert in OTHER systems which is why you should stick to those threads instead of continually commenting (sorry hijacking) Yale threads just to be an akward fool.
Because you aren't an expert in YALE alarms you would not be able to answer this original posters question because you would not have the diagnosis written out for you an an lcd screen.

So what can I say..why bother saying anything - you never listen , but boy are you boring.

~Again childish retorts.
I`ll reply here about how a "yale" does not work if the front door is entered without a code;
As for parents, mine were great. I am too big and always was to be bullied.
I do however tell the truth, Yaleguy1/2/3/ had been banned or had to cancel the accounts. Along with his others. So it is now Skyboy, one who admitted he had issued with the Police and Trading Standards. Admitted by himself.
Enough said.

Too much said :rolleyes:

Who said the Yale does not work..what happens in 15 seconds when the countdown runs out? The alarm goes off you plank..
Anyway enough of that particular conversation as its quite simple to solve - spend an extre £1800 pounds on a professional system.
But then it depends whether you have bought the alarm as a deterent or whether you are keeping the crown jewels at home but then you would have to go for a Grade 3 or 4 or ten or whatever and your insurance would not pay out unless you had 24 hr manned guarding - cctv and weapons.

You need to wind your neck in and realise that people actually do their own risk assesments before deciding how much they want to spend.

You can take your £2000 alarms (in fact even potentially more you said for a grade 2 system , a glorified door bell?) and you can go to the most burgled areas where they would not have £2000 plus to spend on an alarm.
A bells only system other than it's detterent effect only makes a noise after the fact so as you often say physical security has to come first.

So try to keep you snide comments to threads where they are relevant yes?

Oh and I am sure you weren't bullied as a child because you actually have all the behaviors of a BULLY.

As for Yaleguy I am not surprised he cancelled his account when continually faced with your bullshit.

So AssociatedAlarms aka BANNED member Alarm aka Banned member Youtakindapish aka Banned member Whistle aka banned member . . . . why are you here?

You need to wind your neck in and realise that people actually do their own risk assesments before deciding how much they want to spend
Which is a risk assessment made without the necessary information and experience of the risks involved. They then get advice from people with a vested interest in selling a particular type and make of equipment. Of course that advice will be biased towards that particular type and make of equipment and will not give independent advice, will not volunteer the poor points of their system and will not mention the better points of competetive equipment.

Most people making the assesment will be "impressed" by the words on the box which are all intended to increase sales.

An independent and informed person should make the risk assessment on behalf of the person who requires the equipment.

You need to wind your neck in and realise that people actually do their own risk assesments before deciding how much they want to spend
Which is a risk assessment made without the necessary information and experience of the risks involved. They then get advice from people with a vested interest in selling a particular type and make of equipment. Of course that advice will be biased towards that particular type and make of equipment and will not give independent advice, will not volunteer the poor points of their system and will not mention the better points of competetive equipment.

Most people making the assesment will be "impressed" by the words on the box which are all intended to increase sales.

An independent and informed person should make the risk assessment on behalf of the person who requires the equipment.

Some people Berny don't have £2000 plus to spend on a glorified door bell which is sold under the wrongful assumption that you will in effect have the Police at your beck and call.

Some people are even misled that having a decoy siren is good for them instead of a working one.

Berny I am the good guy here providing help to those with shallow pockets or who have decided that the system is adequate for their needs.
I even install only for people who have bought but then believe actually installing it would be beyond their capabilities...
I fit to the best of my and the systems abilities - It's a mini not a Rolls Royce but some people can only afford or like minis whereas some people can afford Rolls Royces...

Noone is misleading anyone so your continued assertion on those lines is now insulting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back