Installed new bath taps - Now shower goes too hot and cold.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Triton T850i electric shower and it worked perfectly until a few days ago.

I installed new bath taps. The shower uses the water from the same cold supply as the bath.

Now the low pressure light comes on in the shower and it will go roasting hot then freezing cold (15sec cycle). The pressure from the taps is fine, the boiler pressure is 1.5 and the stop valve is fully open with now leaks.

How can i fix my problem? My wife is going mad!!!

Sponsored Links
Welcome, Rich.

New bath taps should not have affected the electric shower at all.

BTW, your boiler pressure gauge is telling you the pressure of its sealed primary (e.g. the radiators), which again, won't affect your shower in the slightest, or any of your taps for that matter.

Most likely scenario is some grime has got into the pipework which has blocked the shower's inlet filter. Take it off and have a look. You might need to download the manufacturer's instructions to find out how.

Another possibility is that the main stop valve has become faulty and is restricting the flow of cold water to the shower, though this seems less likely as you report that the cold bath tap seems to work OK.

Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back