installer lockout.

So rather than discredit this NSI companies fraudulent practices.

I may have missed it, but how do you know it is a NSI accredited company?

And if so, why hasn't the OP, as is their right, followed up with a complaint to the relevant Inspectorate?

Sponsored Links
Yaleboy fits over priced DIY kit and claims the moral high ground and the supply of goods and services act makes very, very good reading and his website is illegal.

You are that previously banned member who was junked for similar bullshit attacks on me before...

changed your isp have you?

Nothing wrong with either my website legality or my conforming with the supply of goods and services.

In fact the one thing I pride myself highly on is customer service.

You however are just an anonymous nobody.Even your previously banned profile had zip on it. Why should I even listen?You have no profile you could quite simply be some cheese eating obese spotty internerd who fantasises about owning an alarm company while playing with bits of string and clothepegs to make a really cool intruder trap , oh and some tinkly bells hanging off the string too.

Where do you get overpriced from?

Thats the stupidest comment yet.

Overpriced is getting an alarm from the wholesaler for £60 including panel-endstation-2 pirs-a contact and a siren and then charging the client £500 for 'police approved' even though as a class B siren only and they wont respond any quicker than if the client had saved £400 and fitted Yale.

Or charging £199 plus vat for a replacement bell box that wasn't even broken in the first place... was that your company?

you might want to speak to trading standards as well as taking legal council over "not been liable" - BTW your website says your a "non trading individual" so please make your mind up

You have no profile you could quite simply be some cheese eating obese spotty internerd who fantasises about owning an alarm company while playing with bits of string and clothepegs to make a really cool intruder trap , oh and some tinkly bells hanging off the string too.

unfortunatly for you I`m the real deal - you wish you were me, no really you said so so many times before

you might even have approached one of my staff do do a bit of "moonlighting" for you - not very "all above board" that now is it?

one thing I do know is this time next year your not going to be playing at "alarm man" anymore, the call outs will get to be too much for you, you cant afford staff and the wifes fed up of teatime been disturbed

you`ll probably just change mobiles and run off to the coast like every other version of you that spunks up every year.

Sponsored Links
In light of of your totally misleading comment above, perhaps you can explain the following quote you yourself made. And yes, public domain.

"JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ I need to pull up a chair....

I have just collected at trade price with discount the Visonic Powermax complete kit...

£xxx plus vat . . . . two extra pir sensors at £xx plus vat and a remote keypad at £xx plus vat!!!

just short of £xxx JUST FOR THE BITS!!!

I am not even VAT reg yet as still in start up phase...

To install this system its going to need to sell at £xxx absolute minimum and seriously more like £xxx.

Now I know why other alarm quotes have all been so high.."

You can't have it both ways!
And your the one that blamed discounted tat for the demise of your previous company.
Your 'Fred in a Shed' overheads are not remotely comparable to those of a company with staff and associated costs and not forgetting compliance requirements.
Perhaps your halo has slipped down preventing you from seeing the real world.

The real world?

On here I give advice about YALE alarms - because I know a lot about them.
People who want to know more about them will learn more from me than they ever will from you who hasn't ever even fotted one.
So that is why I post on here
FREE useful advice!!

However you two ****wits just won't let that be. you can't resist piling in rubbishing either yale or myself any opportunity you get.
If you had balls you would reveal your identities but you dont.

Your posts are against forum rules but you keep banging away with the same old ****.

I am here to give DIY advice to people which is useful and gratefully received unless you hadn't noticed.

You two , the gruesome twosome however never give useful alarm advice.

You just embarras everyone in to being afraid to even mention Yale on here.
You flounce about parading your superior knowledge of regulations that don't even concern me while giving ZERO useful advice to anyone other than to just keep harping on about how you know best but you wont actually offer any solutions.

You are the most boring ****ers I have ever had the misfortune to come accross and the irony is I wouldn't ever mention the cracks in the NSI system if people didn't keep piling in and screaming tat everytime Yale was mentioned.

It's horses for courses.

Yale and DIY provide a service to a demographic you don't deal with.
Its not even your market sector.

You are idiots to keep jumping on either Yale or me.

You are like a Bentley Dealer who slags off anyone who buys a Ford
or a Jeweller who laughs at anyone spending less tha 3k on a watch
or a premier league footballer who earns 150k a week and can't understand why grown men play football for free at the local pub team.

You are nothing to do with yale or their customers or their demographic market place so why instead of acting like arrogant snobs all day long dont you just **** off so people who want to get good diy advice can do so without you two snide bitches spoling every thread

????

Oh and just to get the thread back on topic it was about a shark alarm company who having efficacy insurance are surely NSI or SSIAB
ripping someone off with dodgy and illegal practices.

about a shark alarm company who having efficacy insurance are surely NSI or SSIAB
So, based on your comment, you are throwing mud at companies based on nothing more than an assumption.
Nice one.
Oh, and you are the one that publicly stated you fit ungraded kit, are not qualified, not competent, not fully insured....
And have the audacity to charge for your services whilst calling everyone else a cowboy.

You haven't said if this company is accredited.
If so, have you taken up the issue with the relevant Inspectorate?

Hi Atilla.
The company has a SSaib logo allso ukas certification logo.

This problem started last year. As far as I was aware I thought Just not having them on my premises was a line drawn under the issue. Thinking the code supplied would let me in box to change battery when needed, like on my old system. How out of it I am, now I see that the most protected part of my system is designed to keep me the owner (sucker) out and that slimey git has full control of my system.. :evil: Just to clarify tho,, I have not tried to get in and system is working..

I have looked on the ssaib site and where it says search for acredited members the results show zero.
The check for ukas will cost me £340 (?) :rolleyes:

TBH we don't want the hassle just now, with illness in family etc, but will ask ssaib if this co; is on their books.
My orignal question though.. is this now the norm, that a househoder does not have access to the control box neither does any other firm, unless the co; are paid a fee to default the whole system.. ie reprogramme everthing??

cheers.

Putting aside the allegations by some, that all installers are trading on the wrong side of the ethical line, so to speak.
A Company (installer) is contracted to install a working and reliable Intruder System. They are held liable if things 'go wrong' with the system. It is standard on many products, and not specifically Intruder, to have two programmes, User and engineer.
So, lets say you get the system installed, you sign all ok, everyone happy. However, you also have access to the Engineer code, and being a bit of tinkerer, you have 'a play' with the panel, nothing malicious but still a play.
That night you get turned over, big time. Who gets the blame??
The engineer lock is there to protect both parties.

If you say you no longer want x company to maintain the system, that is your right, subject to any contracts signed. It is not unreasonable for that company to charge for their time to do a call out to reset the panel.
Accepted you have an ongoing with your company so you may feel you are a victim - which on evidence shown would seem to be the case.

A call to SSAIB may sort it, but based on your experience, a call to another company may better. Again, contrary to some jaundiced advice posted, most companies are honourable. Just remember, DIY kit is not fitted by trade - for good reason.
New company may well suggest replacing panel. Again this is not a con, simply changing your system to one they support. All part of customer service. This way you don't pay the old company either.
Also, ask around other companies. The prices posted by aggrieved on here were stated for a reason. And a selfish one at that.

Ta for that ..
I'll just add that The system was an update in 2005. new panel and control box as the old box/pad was a bulky old thing sticking out along hallway. plus 2 extra pirs.
I was just under the impression that I was getting a newdinky little keypad, and box in cupboard to extend wires to/from. no mention of keyed control box, He made a point of saying you will be supplied with a master code. But no mention of lockout code and that the box would cost me to get into. etc... I can't see any documentation that this is the case, we don't have monitoring.

I will enquire to ssaib to see if he should be using their logo.

I can see now that lockout is a major topic the next time I get a new alarm if, I ever use an installer again.
Cheers

John ..

Putting aside the allegations by some, that all installers are trading on the wrong side of the ethical line

I think its a fair point.

Even if the alarm did have a faulty siren , where did the £249 + vat replacement cost come from?

topside £50 for the siren and the callout would be say £150 plus vat for supply and install.

I had a similar run in once when I took a tyre for repair. When I went to collect it they said I needed a new one as it had a nail in the sidewall.
there was no nail in the sidewall before I took it in.

If the wire to the siren had been disconnected surely the panel would have shown a fault? or some indication that the system was not operating properly.
You have to assume it was a power feed as any other wire removed would have flagged a tamper.
The OP said the wire was hard to push on so therefore it wouldn't have simply dropped off and if it did why wasn't it simply replaced and an appropriate charge for the labour involved levied?

Fair point or not.
We only have limited information on the fault or problem. What's done is done. Jondecs has a possible recourse open to him. He has indicated the company is no longer welcome on site so the prudent thing to do is sort out the redress and move on.

Even if the alarm did have a faulty siren , where did the £249 + vat replacement cost come from?
A fully comprehensive contract with a 'real' alarm company would get it done for nothing!

What brand of panel is it , some can be unlocked , some cannot.
If your system is monitored , then they have some justification to ensure the programming is not altered by the enduser.You may have some small print to this effect.They should offer to change the code for a callout fee.

The panel is a DSC. I have only the user manual (no fitting instructions)
Manual:
DSC
CLASSIC
PC1565.
LCD5500Z KEYPAD
Software version 2.5U.

We don't have it monitored. Though the installer wired the fone to it in case we did want to have monitored.

He has stated he will change the box back to default for 49.50 + vat
He has also offered to give a free service and fit new batterty. (After I confronted the perputrator of the faling out. His son).
Tbh. with the conversation we had I don't want this person on my property again. And would probably rip out the unit rather than have a cuckoo type arrangement where even other alarm companies are locked out.

I suppose somewhere in small print there is reference saying only they are alowed in my box :evil: but i can't find it..

Thanks .. John

just for the record - I unlocked one of these yesterday - its easy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back