Installers opinion required on electric showers

ccl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am carrying out research on behalf of a UK electric shower manufacturer to find out what electricians, plumbers and other trade installers think about electric showers. The survey is NOT a ‘backdoor’ method to sell you something or get you on a marketing list. Nothing like that at all. We genuinely would like your professional help to better understand areas such as:

• The improvements and features you would like to see on future electric showers, especially those that make them simpler for you to install
    How often the existing installation limits electric shower product choice (e.g. mains power supply cable rating) and the difficulties this gives you and your customers
    Your preferred make of electric shower (if you have one), and why
    How happy you are with the backup service provided by manufacturers, or your suppliers, of electric showers and what could be done to make it better for you and your customers
    How frequently you supply and fit electric showers, versus fit only, and where you buy them from
Please let me know if you can spare 10 minutes to chat on the phone
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
IMO Mira are far better than all the others.
Triton I would never fit again, the head of their technical knows exactly why.
AKW designed an electric care shower that is pap.
Redring...oh well.

Sponsored Links
How hard is it to make a plastic box with water and electrical connections in the same place and make that box a standardised size so that existing tiling never needs altered.
Mira 3 times the price for something that lasts the same length of time with little or no improvement in performance

How hard is it to ... make that box a standardised size so that existing tiling never needs altered.
How hard is it to do the tiling for appliances before the shower/toilet/sink/anything else which I've had to pull from the wall on a long string of silicone sealant is fitted.

The improvements and features you would like to see on future electric showers, especially those that make them simpler for you to install
None, since they are easy to install - the majority of the work is getting water and electricity to the shower location.
Features - might as well ditch the two power settings - they are next to useless on full, never mind half power.
On and off would do for the vast majority.

How often the existing installation limits electric shower product choice (e.g. mains power supply cable rating) and the difficulties this gives you and your customers
Never, since they are either a brand new install, in which case new cable would be installed, and if replacing and existing one, whatever rating is suitable for the existing cable.

Your preferred make of electric shower (if you have one), and why
How happy you are with the backup service provided by manufacturers, or your suppliers, of electric showers and what could be done to make it better for you and your customers
None. They are all equally as likely to go wrong, primarily due to limescale blocking the heater.
You can pay vast sums for a Mira, knowing that expensive spare parts can be obtained long into the future.
Or fit some cheap effort, knowing that the entire thing will need to be replaced cheaply when it breaks.
Either way, the cost of repair/replacement is the same.

How frequently you supply and fit electric showers, versus fit only, and where you buy them from
As infrequently as possible, since electric showers are only to be used where there really is no other option.
Other types of shower are vastly superior in every way - and this will always be the case, as the limiting factor is the electrical supply.

• Thanks
Reactions: ccl
Do any other installers have a view on electric showers for our survey?

If anyone can also spare 10 minutes on the phone I would be grateful. Please use the contact details on my profile. You will be rewarded for your time!

Thanks
Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back