Electric shower installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to install an electric shower? And, if possible, how much roughly would it cost for this to be installed by a professional?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Too many variables - where's the water supply/where is the cable going to run/does your consumer unit have space for another circuit

And, if possible, how much roughly would it cost for this to be installed by a professional?
Somewhere between 0 and impossible.

The 0 is for where an electric shower is totally inappropriate and another type of shower would be far better, easier and cheaper.
The impossible is when the electricity supply to the building is already loaded up to the max and therefore cannot have any additional large loads added to it.

Sometimes it can be very easy plumbing wise but much harder and expensive electrically speaking. Some MCB blah blah electric stuff are wholly unsuited to a modern electric shower and need upgrading to match current electrical standards. I am a plumber and know several electricians... and vice versa. Either ask a plumber or an electrician to come and look and they should be able to recommend a tradesman to do the part of the job they can't do... if they can't do both.

Sponsored Links
Wow, you're full of questions with no details tonight aren't you?

Do you have difficulty understanding questions on a DIY forum or asking follow up questions? I ask three questions on different forums and you give three answers, one of which is actually relevant. Well done!

Sometimes it can be very easy plumbing wise but much harder and expensive electrically speaking. Some MCB blah blah electric stuff are wholly unsuited to a modern electric shower and need upgrading to match current electrical standards. I am a plumber and know several electricians... and vice versa. Either ask a plumber or an electrician to come and look and they should be able to recommend a tradesman to do the part of the job they can't do... if they can't do both.

Thanks for your answer, I'm going to ask a plumber I know about the job and whether or not it's possible.

Wow, you're full of questions with no details tonight aren't you?

Do you have difficulty understanding questions on a DIY forum or asking follow up questions? I ask three questions on different forums and you give three answers, one of which is actually relevant. Well done!
If you gave more specifics to begin with, people would be more inclined to help you. Your questions are far too general

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back