Installers Reccomendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, after weeks of upgrading bits and pieces due to decoration the wife is getting on at me about the trunking and bits so have 2 options now and wanted to run through the wise folk of this forum.

3 bed detached house with garage.

Current set up:
Euro 46 version 8
Cabling from old system - pre me being here, panel was just updated (in loft so access isn't great.)
Various PIR's (5) from different era's, Pyronix Delta bell illuminated, 1 Front Door contact, internal sounder in hall and Key pad in hall.
All wired obviously.

What I was going to do:
Upgrade Panel to Euro 46 APP with Wireless Extender
Change hall PIR, Front Door Contact to wireless to remove some of the trunking and tidy up the old yellow tinged PIR and Door Contact as we are having new door and plastered etc.
This still leaves keypad acceptable but has attached a unsightly internal sounder. (I could try and relocate and run the cabling in the wall as we are having it plastered)

What I could do:
Change to Enforcer 10, all PIRS would have to be changed but could re locate main box into under stairs cupboard or airing cupboard (not an actual airing cupboard).
I'm assuming sounder is built into this panel so could still be heard.

Why i'm looking at your advise:
Is the enforcer 10 much better than euro 46 APP
I want the cloud hence the change
The illuminated delta bell is a nice to have as a deterrent, does the wireless deltabell have flashing LED?
Obviously cost is likely to be double to have Enforcer, would you say its a better option?

Appreciate any thoughts / Feedback

Jon

Sponsored Links
Is the enforcer 10 much better than euro 46 APP

Ones a wireless panel, ones a wired panel - apples and oranges. That said, the software is very similar if not identical, and you can put a wired expander on the enforcer panel and a wireless expander on the Euro 46 and get the same end result.

The illuminated delta bell is a nice to have as a deterrent, does the wireless deltabell have flashing LED?

Yes, but it's different to the wired Deltabell. Wired = LED's alternate constantly. Wireless = LED's flash alternately every 4 seconds or so.

Obviously cost is likely to be double to have Enforcer, would you say its a better option?

You can achieve the same result with either panel. However, you have wiring in place so you may as well take advantage of that. I'd go down the Euro 46 route and make it a hybrid system.

Appreciate the advice, will stick with the Hybrid as originally planned
BR

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back