Installing a concealed mixer shower in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am thinking of installing a concealed Aqualisa mixer shower this weekend in our bathroom, over our bath.

Behind the bath is an airing cupboard.

What I want to make sure of is a) the correct size/type of drill to use to drill the hole for the mixer body and b) what is the best way from your opinions to hold the mixer in place, behind the airing cupbaord stud wall?

I will take the cold direct from the tank in the loft and the hot water from a surrey flange from the top of the hot water cylinder.

Is there anything else I should do?

Any help on this would be great.

Sponsored Links
I installed one a about 8 months back.
I cut a hole using a padsaw and then tiled afterwards!

You can make a wooden holder for the mixer valve and screw this onto the airing cupbarrd wall, if that makes sense.

There may be easier ways though
Mine was off a combi so i just tee'd off the hot and cold supplies to the bath
Make sure your shower is suitable for gravity/low pressure systems also so you won't be disappointed with flow/pressure

you'll probably find you'll need a pump if its on a gravity system and your cws is only just above the bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back