Installing a new Tee joint for dishwasher inlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am trying to figure out how to add a cold water inlet under the kitchen sink. The easiest thing seems to add a tee joint. Here is the picture of the cold water pipe going into the sink http://imgur.com/WRxm0 . I seem to need http://www.wickes.co.uk/red-plastic-wallplugs/invt/420071/ but the part i am not sure about is how would it fit into the current joint correctly. Would i need an adopter of some sort?

Sponsored Links
See it now.
So where do you want to put it ?
And whats the white flexi hose for ?

Sponsored Links
See it now.
So where do you want to put it ?
And whats the white flexi hose for ?

I want to take off that connector white the white flexi pipe ( that is for cold water tap of the sink). Put in a tee joint of some sort, which would let me connect the dishwasher and this white flexi pipe to it.

That flexi won't fit straight onto the w/m valve.
Why don't you leave the flexi and cut the short horizontal pipe that the flexi's on and fit the w/m valve then refit the pipe with flexi on to the other end of w/m valve. :idea:

That flexi won't fit straight onto the w/m valve.
Why don't you leave the flexi and cut the short horizontal pipe that the flexi's on and fit the w/m valve then reit the pipe with flexi on to the other end of w/m valve. :idea:

I have considered that, I am just not comfortable messing with the copper pipe :S

No they are cr*p they leak over time and if you don't get it right when fitting they leak.

Turn off the water.

Loosen the swivel nut at the tap end of the flexi first to allow for turning of the hose when screwing bits together.

Undo the compression nut of the flexi, take off the nut and olive from one end of the washing machine tee valve, put it into the nut of the flexi, take off the other nut and olive from the tee, get a 1/2" BSP socket, put the threaded end of the flexi into one end of the socket, put the other end of the socket onto the tee. Use PTFE tape on the olive and PTFE tape or Loctite 55 on the male threads of the tee valve and flexi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back