installing a shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a friend who has just moved into a councill property and needs a shower installing, the ccu only has 3 fuses,lights, sockets, and cooker. i have been told to buy a shower consumer unit and a 6W 100A DP Service Connector Block , can anyone tell me the way to incorporate the shower unit via tails etc. at the moment the main tails go from main intake into the meter and then out into the ccu .thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry - you need an electrician, because there is no way for you to disconnect the supply to the tails so that they can safely be put into the connector block.

There's also the issue of correctly installing and testing the circuit to the shower, and the fact that this is notifiable work.

If you haven't got the 2nd CU & service block yet you'll get a better overall deal if you let the electrician supply them.

I believe you will need to get permission from the council to do any work like this, as you would be interfering with their CU.

Best thing to do, unless you know an electrician, is to look here

http://www.competentperson.co.uk/

I believe you will need to get permission from the council to do any work like this, as you would be interfering with their CU.
No he wouldn't - that's the whole problem - he can't use their CU which is why he needs an additional one.

Sponsored Links
the point is, it's a council property so it's not his..

they are responsible for all the electrics, heating, windows, doors etc..

he has to get permission to have any of them changed or altered..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back