installing a surrey flange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new mixer shower and am using a pump to boost the water pressure. I have read that a surrey flange will need to be installled on the top of the water cylinder. is it as simple as taking the old connector off and replacing it with the surrey flange??

Sponsored Links
Is the Surrey flange the one that takes the place of the immersion heater or is that the essex? (I always get these southern counties mixed up), anyway if you need to take out the immersion to fit it then it depends on what was used when it was put in. If they used plumber mate & it's been in since adam was a lad forget it you will damage the cylinder geting it out, if it's a newish build then you might have a chance but take it steady & watch for the boss twisting as you take it out.

No it bloody isn't. The outputs are the wrong way round on a Surrey. A Warix is simi;lar but much better - swivels where you want, and the tank water outlet is horizontal like it would have been before.

Easiest and best is Essex flange. A few minutes only - once you've drained the tank enough. Tip - attach a piece of pipe to the output before you fix it - v diff afterwards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back