installing a thermostatic bar shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the process of installing a shower into a spare room. I can bring the hot and cold feed from above (combi). From what i have read i need to put backplate elbows on and the shower fits into these (150mm apart).

What do i fit these elbows to. I suppose i need to batten out first, then think about aquaboard and tiles. What is the correct way to tackle this please.

The width of the room is just a touch over 760mm. Can you buy a door to fit this space which has adjustment for the tiles etc.

thanks

Sponsored Links
karl0202 said:
In the process of installing a shower into a spare room. I can bring the hot and cold feed from above (combi). From what i have read i need to put backplate elbows on and the shower fits into these (150mm apart).
That would be a reasonable approach.

What do i fit these elbows to.
Screw them to something reasonably solid. There aren't too many forces on a shower valve, so you don't need to go overboard, but battening is a good idea.

I suppose i need to batten out first, then think about aquaboard and tiles. What is the correct way to tackle this please.
To some extent it depends on the particular valve, so I'd buy that first and then work out what to do from the fittings that come with it. For example, it might have chrome (or whatever) elbow that turn back into the wall, and some cosmetic covers to conceal the pipework holes. Working back from the valve fittings I'd work out the thickness of everything that the pipework has to come through, and place the depth of the backplate elbows accordingly.

The width of the room is just a touch over 760mm. Can you buy a door to fit this space which has adjustment for the tiles etc.
Yes. 760mm is one of the widely available 'standard' sizes of tray size and door frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back