Installing an electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have bought a Neff 1442 single fan assisted oven, rated 3.6Kw on the lable inside the oven, ( rated 3.7Kw in Neff catalogue).

The hob is gas and the hood is electric. Which I've already connected. Hood to the ring circuit via a spur and an FCU.

I want to connect the oven from the CU via a radial circuit. At the moment I don't have a separate cooker circuit.

The distance between the cooker and the CU is about 12m. The cable run from the CU to the CCU is about 10m, of which 8m will be under floor boards and 2m burried under plaster.

Please advice on the following for the roght job.

20Amcb, 4mmT/E, CCU45A, terminal outlet 45A and a 2.5mm 3 core heat resistant flex. This is what I went to get from the diy store. But decided to have the CCU45A with the socket. This looked good and the other a bit basic. So I ended up getting....

32Amcb, 6mmT/E, CCU45A with socket, terminal outlet 45A and 2.5mm 3 core heat resistant flex.

Is this O.K? if not any other suggestions!

Neff Instructions: Connection must be made using an HO5RR-F 3 G 1,5 mains connection cable.

I assume this is 1.5mm 3 core heat resistant flex, to connect the oven to the terminal outlet box. I can see that 1.5mm will do the job as the oven is only 3.6Kw.

While at the diy store , I asked the manager for his advice and he said I quote " you cnnot use CCU45A, and terminal outlet 45A with the 32Amcb and the 6mmT/E. The 32Amcb and the 6mmT/E is too small to drive the CCU45A and the 45A terminal outlet. With the 32Amcb and 6mmT/E you must use CCU32A and 32A terminal outlet. To use CCU45A and
45A terminal outlet you must use either 10mmT/E and 45Amcb or 52Amcb".

What is he talking about ? Hi Fi terms Amp and Speakers or what ?

This has made me curious.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
kass said:
While at the diy store , I asked the manager for his advice and he said I quote " you cnnot use CCU45A, and terminal outlet 45A with the 32Amcb and the 6mmT/E. The 32Amcb and the 6mmT/E is too small to drive the CCU45A and the 45A terminal outlet. With the 32Amcb and 6mmT/E you must use CCU32A and 32A terminal outlet. To use CCU45A and

He is talking c**p. Ask him to put it in writing then contact trding standards. What you could do is

20A mcb 4 or 6 or 10 mm cable (future proofing) 45A CCU. The 45A is not actually reuired a 20A double pole switch would suffice, but again future proofing.

pdcelec said:
kass said:

He is talking c**p. Ask him to put it in writing then contact trding standards. What you could do is

20A mcb 4 or 6 or 10 mm cable (future proofing) 45A CCU. The 45A is not actually reuired a 20A double pole switch would suffice, but again future proofing.

I agree he was talking c**p.

He just went on and on and on........if I wright everything he said it would take me half a day just writing it.

The reason why I'm using 32A mcb is , b'cos of the CCU with the socket.

3.6Kw(oven) + 3Kw for the socket (single socket max load) =

6600*230/240 =28.5A / 27.5A

The socket may never be used. Just to be on the safe side!

[/url]

Sponsored Links
kass said:
andy said:
allowences for the socket is 5A

Does that mean I should use 20Amcb?
since the cooker is rated just over 16A, i would use the 20A MCB since thats all thats protecting the cooker

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back