Installing an integrated dishwasher - help with wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm getting a new integrated dishwasher which wires into the wall rather than a plug. Can anyone advise of the correct wiring..I took a digital photograph of the previous wirings but any help would be great. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I tend to wire them into an Fused Connection Unit, fused at 13 amp. This sits above the worktop. The cable from the dishwasher is chased into the wall above the worktop, and emerges below (fairly obious I know).
The installation instructions with the dishwasher may suggest a method.

DavePrior said:
The cable from the dishwasher is chased into the wall above the worktop, and emerges below

And how do you terminate?

Sponsored Links
Happy to learn on this one, Secure. I see two ways:
1) cable direct into dishwasher
2) cable into connection plate, which provides connection for cable into dishwasher.

I know a 3rd way is to connect the FCU to a single sockect outlet, which then means the dishwasher gets a plug put on it.

I'm happy with the fact it has to go into the connection plate..but it was advice or pictures to remind me of the wiring is what I need thanks!

I use a switched spur above the 'top & a 15A plug & socket below. That way there is only one 1363 fuse & it is accessible, but you still have an easy way of disconnecting the appliance from the supply cable.

Ooh what a cheeky workaround! I like that. Never did manage to sell a 15A socket yet. Donated a few to theatres here and there, but never sold any for profit!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back