Installing an RSJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am moving into a new house hopefully in the new year. I am planning to have a wall between the morning room and kitchen knocked through. It is a 1930s 3 bed semi design. The kitchen is an extension built onto the house so the wall that would need knocking down is a load bearing wall. The width of the wall is 3 metres so we would leave about hald a metre on each side. Does anybody have any ideas on how much this would cost fully fitted, plastered and skimmed. Also, how long would a decent builder take?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
That sounds cheap for an external wall and possible problems in getting the needles through or making good - extension roofspace external and rooms above

Calcs, b/regs and steels are going to be about £500

Sponsored Links
A 'typical' job, whereby the joists run onto said wall, so facilitating propping and where there are no electrics or plumbing to contend with or a great difference in floor heights or plaster difference thickness, THEN you could do it in two days for a K.

However the above scenario is more 'ideal' than 'typical'.:cool:

I also agree Woodstop that a twin skin external fella would be more of a challenge to both the builder and the wallet. I assumed it was a half brick internal fella.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back