installing boilers on sub contracts

gk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what are the rates of installing boilers say, combi and 5 rads, this is with no other boiler to be taken out empty house and if 2 extra rads needs fitting what would be the charge for these
also a stright boiler swap
im trying to get an idea of what the contractors pay

Sponsored Links
ok.gif

Sponsored Links
BG a couple of years ago paid under £200 for a day of 8 hours. I think they allowed 10 hours to Power Flush a system and change a boiler. (Couldn't be a vey good power flush at that speed, I've been told they don't always bother much.)
But the BG local area bod recruiting me said that I should be able to flush and change a boiler in a day so that's £1000 a week. Assuming 5 boilers of course

Personally I'd rather undercut BG by a grand, take 2 days to do the job, still make a grand profit and have the rest of the week off.

ChrisR said:
BG a couple of years ago paid under £200 for a day of 8 hours. I think they allowed 10 hours to Power Flush a system and change a boiler. (Couldn't be a vey good power flush at that speed, I've been told they don't always bother much.)
But the BG local area bod recruiting me said that I should be able to flush and change a boiler in a day so that's £1000 a week. Assuming 5 boilers of course

Personally I'd rather undercut BG by a grand, take 2 days to do the job, still make a grand profit and have the rest of the week off.
yes but how can you insall 5 boilers in 2 days wats the secret

ChrisR said:
yes but how can you insall 5 boilers in 2 days wats the secret

this week should be interesting. A mate of mine owns a flat which currently has warm air heating. He knows the system is living on borrowed time as parts are no longer available under BG maintenance contract. Anyway BG are coming this week to quote him happy on a new system. 5 rads + combi. Ive already told him to stick with vented cyl and immersion heater since its rented and he can do without combi hassles... Will let you guys know what the word from BG is!

well son the going rate is about 500 quid foe 5 rads plus a combi labour
and 150 a boiler swap.

well mate your being done we get 600 per fit and 300 a boiler swap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back