Installing Honeywell DT92E into Danfoss WB12 wiring box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

As per the subject line, I am looking to install a Honeywell DT92E wireless thermostat into my heating system's existing Danfoss WB12 wiring box to control our home's central heating.

The system has never had a CH thermostat before, but there is a analog fitted one on the HW cylinder.

Looking at the wiring diagrams for both the thermostat and junction box it appears to be a simple three-wire connection between the two units, plus a wire linking L to A within the thermostat.

However, before I purchase the thermostat I was hoping someone on here could confirm that my assumptions are correct, and whether there is anything else I should be aware of??

The system programmer is a Danfoss FP715, the boiler a Potterton Prima 60F. HW and CH circuits are both fitted with Sunvic SZ2301 actuators.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Provided you are competent and safe with electrics, installing a wireless stat shouldn't be a problem.

Can you post a pic of the wiring centre with the lid off? It will make instructions much easier.

Hi there,

Thanks for the speedy response.

Hopefully this picture is sufficient:

The cables on the lower side are (left-to-right) the pump, H/W valve and C/H valve. The middle cable on the top side is for the cylinder thermostat, but not sure which is boiler or programmer.

Apologies for the blurry image - for some reason the previous owners thought it would be a good idea to install the pump, wiring box and actuators in a crawl space in one of the dormers, which is nigh on impossible for anyone other than hobbits to access!

Kind regards,

Mark

Assuming the brown is from 4 in the programmer, move it to the next spare block.

you also have a white wire in 8 so you need to id which valve is heating, would be an idea to ID the wires in the blocks for us as well

Run a wire from the brown to A in the receiver.

Run a wire from the white to B.

Take an L & N to L & N in the receiver, ( the wires on the end right look like mains power.)

Ps you can fit the receiver in the same space provided you can get signal back to the stat.

Sponsored Links
A belated thank you to you both for the advice given here. Due to a string of bereavements in the family at the time of originally posting, I finally got around to fitting the thermostat a couple of weeks ago!

The boiler, pump and CH actuator now shutdown as intended when the thermostat reaches temperature, but this seems to have revealed another flaw in our system that I'd like to figure out.

Basically when the CH valve closes, there is a brief rushing/sizzling noise that seems to be coming from the boiler (though I am not 100% certain). It is more aggressive-sounding if the boiler has been firing for a long spell prior to the shutdown - but if the new thermostat is demanding a minute's boost, it is less likely to happen.

Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back