installing low voltage room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

im just wanting some information about installing a condensing combi.

well more to do with the thermostat to be precise.

how do i go about installing a new low voltage stat? and what do i need?

thanks DJ

Sponsored Links
what boiler is it?

use a honey well room stat or wireless one as they can be just switches

I suggest using a programmable 'stat as they give greater user flexibility and tighter control than a mains 'stat used without the neutral connection (due to lack of accelerator function).

Sponsored Links
what is a line voltage stat? and how would i wire this in?

do i just remove the link on the boiler insert 2 wires and take these to the stat and the stat works off batteries?

we use Danfoss TP5's for these boilers, remove link and wire to terminal 1 and 3 on stat (doesnt matter which way around).

do i just remove the link on the boiler insert 2 wires and take these to the stat and the stat works off batteries?
Yes.

You remove the link blue wire i think do not put 240v on this or you will blow the pcb.1normally fit the honeywell programmable stat CM67 with optional auto time module.The stat automatically adjusts summertime

thanx everyone.

just one more qusetion.

what grade wire should i use for this?

Low voltage? :eek: Don't you mean low current? Otherwise known as 1mm² for cable or 0.75mm² for flex.

flex should not be used over any long distance , PVC cable of 1.0 Twin and earth is the correct cable you can buy twin brown or just sleeve the ends of the blue cable with a brown sleeve and do connect the earth as even a low voltage can kill you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back