Installing new shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a very basic mixer shower. It has a dial in the middle, which when I turn it anti-clockwise, it opens a valve and lets all the cold water through. The more I turn it, it then opens another valve and lets the hot water through. I can only adjust the hot water coming through. Because my pressure it not the greatest, I have to have the hot water nearly boiling for it to counter act the cold water flowing through.

I want to remove it and put another mixer or thermostat shower in. Are all mixers like this or is mine cr@p.

Thanks for any help

Graham

Sponsored Links
Yeah thats correct. The main comes in at the kitchen, goes up into the bath room and then splits, one end going to CW tank, the other then also splits again, one going back downstairs to kitchen and the other going to bath/shower (not sure which is first), the bathroom sink and then the toilet

Hot is from hotwater tank. Cold water tank is only above the hot tank (3/4 foot max)

Sounds a bit ropey to me

Thanks

the cold feed to the shower should be off the tank to balance the pressure

with that head of water it will never be good

you could fit a pump or a venturi shower :idea:

Sponsored Links
Right. What does "with that head of water" mean. Would it be better/cheaper to put a new CW tank in the loft

What about a thermostat mixer shower

Thanks
Graham

What about the fact that the cold water is at a higher pressure than the hot. Will fitting a pump fix that?

I really wanna take the cheapest option to be honest

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back