Installing oil fired heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just read on this forum that you don't need to be OFTEC reg to install a oil boiler but you do to sign it off or get building control to inspect it as with fitting a log burner anybody know if this is right?

The reason I ask is because a friend of mine has bought a house in the country and wants a oil boiler fitted as there is no gas available and has asked me if I can fit it and get someone to sign it off.

I don't know anything about the correct way of piping the boiler up can anyone direct me to a schematic - information of the order and components materials, jointing methods used, depth of the oil supply pipe underground ect.

I have seen on the OFTEC site the tank has to be 1800mm away from property but need the rest of the info.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I don't know anything about the correct way of piping the boiler up can anyone direct me to a schematic - information of the order and components materials, jointing methods used, depth of the oil supply pipe underground ect.

Cheers

I find it amazing that you friend would even consider letting you fit an expensive boiler when you know nothing about them.

More so that you are even apparently willing to even consider doing it.

My advice would be to get a competent engineer to do the work with you assisting with your labour if you like. That would ensure the boiler is fitted correctly and the warranty is ensured.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back