Installing "pod" toilet with cistern in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically my wall wont take the frame and I don't want to build out into the bathroom which is already small.

Does anyone know if I can install this sort of toilet and feed it from the loft?

Do I need a special type of pod toilet?

cheers
Eggers

Sponsored Links
if your wall wont take a frame i cant see it holding a corbled toilet

as for the feed you just need a low pressure float valve :idea:

or if you mean a cistern in the loft no probs

Basically I have an exterior brick wall on one side and the stairway (brick) wall on the other I can't make enough room in either of these for a frame. I was hoping that I could install the toilet and make it secure somehow and then chase the cold water feed & flush mechanism into the wall...

I'm not sure if this is possible I guess the challenge is securely fixing the toilet to the wall, then working out how to operate the flush mechanism? Would anyone be able to talk me through this? I guess need:

1. toilet
2. cistern
3. mounting system for toilet only (what would I use here)?
4. flush mechanism that works something in the loft?
5. pipes
6. waste flow

You won't have room in the brickwork to allow for the bend in the flush supply pipe, yet alone for the soil pipe, unless you remove the inner leaf of brickwork (which will make the wall weak-which as you intend to hang a pan off it+bodyweight wouldn't be ideal in any case)) for the supply and also have the soil pipe sticking straight through the exterior wall (where's the external soil stack in relation to the exterior wall?)

Are you sure there's no room to buy/build a unit in which to house the support frame and cistern?

Sponsored Links
A floor mounted pan with a concealed plastic cistern and air push button would be a better bet but you still have issues with the waste pipe and flush pipe.
We installed one a few years back with the cistern in the loft on a 2 metre flush pipe concealed in the studwork you still need about 200mm behind the pan for the bend.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back