Installing sink in garage/workshop

Sponsored Links
You have a point oilman. I suppose Norfolk is covered by Anglian Water, which (if so) would be curious, since that was the company I recently called and who told me cat 3 must go into the sewer :confused:

(Or should I say :rolleyes: ?)

Find out if you have a combined or seperate system for foul and stormwater. If combined, and there is a rain-water downpipe closer to the proposed position of your sink than the foul pipe exiting the house, connect to this using 50mm waste pipe. This will then run to the disconnecting manhole and therefore the mains sewer. If seperate system, then either collect the sink waste in a large bucket or 5 gallon drum and empty into the foul drain or pipe it directly to it.
Have come across problems like this many times during my work as a digger driver for a drainage contractor up here in Bonnie Scotland.
Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back