Installing steel bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I bought myself an ex-display steel bath from MFI at a bargain price when it was closing down. Only problem I have is that the bath did not have any form of frame or feet to install it.

Anybody got any suggestions as to what I can sit it on and how to get it level and stable? There is nothing on the bath for anything to fix to underneath and I have scoured the internet looking for frames but to no avail.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you can make a cradle by using 2 bits of 4x2 timber fixed together like an inverted T or higher if required, you need to cut it to the shape of the bath so that if fits snugly, i would suggest fitting foam or rubber between the bath and cradle and fix the cradle to the floor through the outside edges of the inverted T, then support and fix the bath at the corners with vertical timber, it is a fair amount of work but you did get a bargain on the bath (prob loose the bargain buying wood :rolleyes: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back