Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has a good link to a guid to installing double glazing,

I have got the new window already just need a guide to follow to install

Cheers for any help
Jay

Sponsored Links
That was my first stop nothing on there that's helpfull,

Like:
My original cill extends past the edge of the window, is it spost to?

How far back from the brick face should the window be as the original is almost flush and I'm sure this is how damp is getting past the window

Does the cill go flush with the bottom course or should it be shimmed to leave a gap

Should I fill the gaps at the side of the window with expanding foam befor I mastic

I need a guide to help me with little things like that,
Should really explain that the extention on the back of my house looks like it was built by the telly tubbys or some one with as much building knowledge as them god only knows how it got approved by the building control office all I can say is I bet he got a bloody big back hander
So I can't really replace as it is installed or get info from what I am removing as its all a pile of ****

usually they are joggled past the brick so you can do the same with the new cill, some windows are set in the cavity, but most are set level with the back of the face brick(which is 100mm wide, so the outside face is set in 30mm)
i always squirt foam in if theres room around, and pack under cill to get level or if theres a big gap at top

Sponsored Links
I take it the original window didn't set against a check and the slap (aperture) is straight through i.e. not stepped?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back