installing windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have softwood double glazed windows on order. I understand the fitting process from the \\\'how to\\\' section but how are the sealed units secured into the frames? With beads? Do you use silicone to seal them in?

Sponsored Links
Depends on the type you've got,the rubber/plastic seal should come with it already in the groove of the wooden frame.Sometime you can get what you called a double glazed rebate,the inside glass is approx 15mm bigger all round than the outside glass so you can fit in normal way as you would with single glazed and act as a double glazed unit which is rare now only for people who want double glazed fitted in a normal way in a single glazed rebate window frame without having to change their windows.I think I've said that right :)

You don't use silicone to seal them in and the beads if any should be on the inside to prevent anyone undoing it.

Normally yes,but you can now get small head panel pin so it won't noticed if you're wood staining it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back