Insufficient water for washing and rinsing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed that after washing, the clothes seem rough/stiff as though the soap hasn't been rinsed out properly, . Although water seems to be coming through via the soap dispenser alright, the water level in the drum appears very low (actually only sufficient to soak the clothes with little to spare). The washing machine, a Hoover Nextra6, is 3 years old and otherwise in very good condition.

Sponsored Links
put it on a wash cycle without any thing in and see how much water it takes should come up to the bottom of window then stick it on a rinse and you should get it up to half way
Dev

Sponsored Links
I think I've resolved the problem. Some of the holes (There are about 30) that the water comes through into the soap dispenser were clogged. This appeared to limit the amount of water getting through to the drum. It's definitely better since we gave it a brush but we intend pulling the machine out, taking the top of and giving it a good clean from the otherside.

Sorry i don't know your model, does it have hot and cold going in the back, or just cold?.

It is cold fill only. (The Instructions refer to 'Optima Wash system')

Yes, same as others, short water fill, less water, less heating? less powder, so they say. don.t agree with the cold water only though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back