Insulate or not insulate?

If you're actually taking the ceilings down (or the floor up) that's the ideal time to pack the gap with mineral wool. The cost is low and the extra effort is less than it will ever be again.

Sponsored Links
Yes, eventually I insulated the lot with rockwool and as HERTS P&D said, I don't regret it.
The noise has been completely cancelled, unless someone stumps their feet upstairs, and the floors can be heated at different temperatures in minutes.
I've noticed a sharp reduction in gas usage, mainly because of the now very short length of CH pipework, but also, the heat remains for hours after I turn it off.
Example: come back from work and I have 16⁰ on the ground floor.
Heating on and within an hour is at 18⁰+.
Boiler stops running and it takes a good hour before the temperature drops by half degree.
That's in freezing conditions last winter.
Just now, we go to bed with 19⁰, boiler off and we wake up still on 18⁰. (But it's not that cold yet).
So, yes, I reccomend insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back